Thursday 11 December 2008

"For I can't help ... falling in love with you"



As 2008 nears its end, I was beginning to contemplate what I could write to try to define indisputably the greatest, most hellishly eventful calendar year in Hull City's history.

Then I had an idle glance at Amber Nectar, where a thread on 2008 memories had been opened. Someone calling himself Brewster sums it up magnificently, to wit:-

Getting told in January that we'll never keep it up.
Getting told in May there's no chance we'll win the play-offs.
Getting told in July there's no chance we'll stay up (or even do better than Derby).
Not being told anything in December.


Perfect. It's saved me a tough old job, as putting the emotions of the last 12 months into words was a tall order for even the most articulate of scribes.

Thank you City. I can afford to be premature, as even defeats in our four remaining games of the year won't wipe this dirty great grin off my face.